Sunday, August 11, 2013

Brain Injury Card Class for August

Whew!  I have been a busy busy little crafter but on behind the things secret stuff!  Don't worry you know I cannot keep crafting secrets for long!!  Trust me though this is huge!

This month we did a variety of cards with my Brain Injury Group!  Everyone loved them and of course we were able to make a couple of extras to donate to the Association for use at their many events to thank special people who help out the association time and time again.

The First one just made me smile so I dug out my smile stamp for it!



Yes I know I just cannot get enough of butterflies right now or for the last year!!  I just love them!  My corner rounder is kicking the bucket though so I am going to invest in a corner chomper I think  we shall see!

Next up!  Chalk Talk.  Used the Chalkboard technique and water colour pencils on this one.  And of course it has a matching die for the Big Shot so that makes life easy for everyone.

There is a whole lot of texture going on with this one but it was loved so that is the main thing!  Not completely satisfied with this design but everyone loved it when I got it out so sometimes that happens - something the designer is kind of blah about is a smash hit with the ranks so it does go to show you that you are your own worst critic - lesson learned!  maybe  :o)
Next up... this is fast becoming one of my new Fav stamps! And the members love it too!  Actually they did not realize this was a stamp we used before because we used it in a new way!  The colour just makes me happy it is Calypso Coral!  YUM
This set has a fabulous embossing folder that matches and I used it to emboss the flowers  check it out for this angle

A little of my Crafty Kat Shimmer Spray in Pearl and you have a beautiful simple card.
Cute Little saying and it is a great design for any occasion.

We also started a new tradition for my classes.  Birthday Celebrations!
We had two birthdays for this first week and here are the cards that the lucky gals received as part of the celebration!  
 This is first card was made for R  and she loves music and she is a rocker from way back so I thought a little rock 'star' card would be awesome for her!  Her cake was Strawberry short cake! Yummy!
Next up was C and she has a huge love of cats!  So I made her this adorable little Hello Kitty card complete with animal print embossing to two of the layers.  And she had chocolate fudge for her cake. 
The whole group signed the cards and we all sang happy birthday!  it was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy the special surprise!

Look for some new creations from the Holiday Catalogue coming up shortly!

Glittery Hugs

Kathryne

No comments: